Are you considering becoming a CNA (Certified Nurse Assistant) and seeking further information on CNA classes in Canton IL and wider Illinois? The role of CNA entails extensive work with patients and healthcare professionals under the direct supervision of a RN (Registered Nurse) or LPN (Licenced Practical Nurse). A CNA, often referred to as a nurse’s assistant, a patient care assistant or a nurse’s aide, assists registered nurses and licenced practical nurses in their many day to day patient care activities.
The role the CNA fills in the workplace depends on the type of healthcare facility he or she works in. For example, they can be employed in hospitals, aged care facilities, assisting living, rehabilitation centres and personal residences amongst other healthcare facilities. This is a career path that is rewarding both personally and professionally.
Do You Have to undertake specific training, study or complete a relevant course to become a CNA in Canton IL and Greater Illinois?
In order to become a qualified CNA or an accredited CNA, you will need to pass the licensing exam for nursing assisting. There is often no prerequisite knowledge or experience required to enroll in a CNA training course and they will empower you with the knowledge and resources allowing you to successfully sit the licensing exam.
CNA Schools in Illinois
As the largest private university in North America, University of Phoenix has locations nationwide, and is available online in most countries around the world. Whether you're seeking a college degree at an associate's, bachelor's, master's, or doctoral level, we can help you reach your academic goal and sooner than you might think.
- Master of Science in Nursing/Nurse Education
- Master of Health Administration/Master of Business Administration/Project Management
- Master of Health Administration/Master of Business Administration/Sustainability Management
- And more...
Maryville University students may choose from 50 academic programs, including degrees at the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP) - Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner (AGNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP) -Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (ACNP)
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to BSN
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Grantham University's 100% accredited online degrees are convenient, portable and designed so you can fit education into your life instead of arranging life around your education.
- Bachelor of Science Nursing - Nursing Diploma
- Master of Science in Nursing (Bridge Program)
- Bachelor of Science Nursing - Associates to Bachelor
- And more...
- AS - Nursing
- AS - Medical Assisting and Administration
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession. Our competency-based curriculum delivers foundational knowledge and real-world skills, so what you’re learning is immediately applicable to your career. We serve more than 36,000 students from the U.S. and around the world and offer more than 140 graduate and undergraduate specializations and 20 certificate programs.
- DNP - BSN-to-DNP (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- And more...
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati (UC) has been categorized at the highest level of higher education: the Carnegie Commission (which evaluates the achievements of faculty, current research, leading edge curriculum, and accreditation) has recognized UC as a Doctoral/Research University — Extensive. Each year, this urban, public, nonprofit university graduates 5,000 students, adding to more than 200,000 living alumni around the world. The online programs connect students to a dynamic community of devoted educators, accessible research, and a dedicated support team.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult-Gero Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse-Midwifery
- Master of Science in Nursing - Womens Health Nurse Practitioner
Pursue your education online with The College Network and learn how convenient and affordable earning your degree can be.
- LPN/LVN to RN - AS in Nursing (Licensed LPN/LVNs only)
- LPN/LVN to RN - BS in Nursing - Indiana St. - (Licensed LPN/LVNs only)
American Sentinel University is focused on more than just positioning you for success in your career today—we’re committed to preparing you for tomorrow.
- MS Nursing - Case Management
- MS Nursing - Infection Prevention and Control
- Doctor of Nursing Practice Educational Leadership
- And more...
CNA Training and CNA Certification courses can take between 4-12 weeks in Canton IL and wider Illinois. The CNA programs available are highly adaptable with part of full time options available as well as weekend only courses. It is also possible to become certified through online only CNA courses. As is the case when choosing any education institution, it is important to do your research first.
Many people find it difficult to find the right CNA course suited to their needs. However, there are a number of CNA programs available from reputable Schools in Canton IL and wider Illinois listed below that provide relevant education and training.
Academic Subjects That Are Covered by CNA Education and Training Courses in Canton IL and Greater Illinois
As the roles and responsibility of a CNA practitioner encompasses many areas, the areas of study in each course can vary. In addition to covering medical care, anatomy, physiology and pathology some courses may also cover people skills as well as professional care. The curriculum CNA education institutions maintain is well-rounded, offering programs that involve both theory and practical elements. Attaining a strong educational background is a great way to further advance your career in Nursing.
Skills Necessary to be a CNA in Canton IL and Greater Illinois
A Certified Nurse Assistant is a person who has the necessary skills and training in Nursing. All competent CNA specialists should possess the following professional skills:
- A strong desire to help people. This principal is at the core of everything this job entails.
- A deep sense of compassion for others and care for their wellbeing.
- The ability to multi-task effectively.
- Time management skills.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work successfully as part of a greater team.
There are several CNA Schools and training courses available in Canton IL and greater Illinois which are listed throughout this website to assist you in acquiring these important skills.
How Much Does a CNA in Canton IL and Greater Illinois Earn?
The Salary of a CNA in Canton IL and greater Illinois can vary depending on the level of experience of the employee as well as the area of specialization they have chosen to work in. For example, a CNA at a hospital can earn $33,000 per year. The U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that between 2010 and 2020, there will be a 20% increase in the demand for nursing assistants which makes a career as a Certified Nurse Assistant in Canton IL and greater Illinois a promising one. For someone with the right educational credentials and who possess a strong work ethic, there are many opportunities for a successful career as a CNA. There is also ample opportunity for a trained CNA to undergo further study to become a RN (Registered Nurse) or LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse).
Typical Activities Involved In being a CNA in Canton IL and Greater Illinois
The CNA’s role is to assist all patients with their healthcare needs. They are the primary point of contact for the patient and interact with them frequently when undertaking their daily activities. The typical daily activates vary depending on their area of specialization. Some of the day to day duties performed by a CNA may include:
- Tending to the needs of patients.
- Observing residents.
- Monitoring of vital signs including pulse, temperature, blood pressure and respiration.
- Assisting RN’s and LPN’s where required.
- Tending to the overall wellbeing of patients.
I hope that you found this article informative and that after reading it, you have a better idea of what is involved in becoming a Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) in Canton IL and greater Illinois and the education and training options available.