Are you considering becoming a CNA (Certified Nurse Assistant) and seeking further information on CNA classes in Canton IL and wider Illinois? The role of CNA entails extensive work with patients and healthcare professionals under the direct supervision of a RN (Registered Nurse) or LPN (Licenced Practical Nurse). A CNA, often referred to as a nurse’s assistant, a patient care assistant or a nurse’s aide, assists registered nurses and licenced practical nurses in their many day to day patient care activities.
The role the CNA fills in the workplace depends on the type of healthcare facility he or she works in. For example, they can be employed in hospitals, aged care facilities, assisting living, rehabilitation centres and personal residences amongst other healthcare facilities. This is a career path that is rewarding both personally and professionally.
Do You Have to undertake specific training, study or complete a relevant course to become a CNA in Canton IL and Greater Illinois?
In order to become a qualified CNA or an accredited CNA, you will need to pass the licensing exam for nursing assisting. There is often no prerequisite knowledge or experience required to enroll in a CNA training course and they will empower you with the knowledge and resources allowing you to successfully sit the licensing exam.
CNA Schools in Illinois
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- PN RN Associate Degree Bridge Program
- Practical Nursing
- And more...
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- And more...
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Ranked one of the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs in 2014 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Offers a no-obligation, 3-week trial period where students may determine if the university is right for them before they commit to it.
- Strives to be a student’s partner in lifelong learning; committed to helping them achieve their goals.
- Serves students of all ages, from first-graders learning to read to professionals seeking postgraduate training.
- Provides career-oriented diploma through master’s programs in fields such as healthcare, business, legal and paralegal services, information technology, criminal justice and design.
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing : Executive Leader
- Family Nurse Practitioner Graduate Certificate
- And more...
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
At Baker College, you’ll have the opportunity to choose between an on campus education or an online education, depending on what works best for you and for your schedule. Our ground campuses are located across Michigan and one campus in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Nursing (Post-licensure) - Bachelor
- Nursing Administration - Master's
- Nursing Education - Master's
- Several institutional scholarship opportunities are available to students who qualify.
- Features several learning model options, including online, residency, and hybrid options.
- Offers graduate degree programs in organizational leadership, mind-body medicine, psychology and human science.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- Two teaching locations in Seattle, Washington with the university headquarters located in Oakland, California.
- M.S. Mind-Body Medicine
- Ph.D. Mind-Body Medicine
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
CNA Training and CNA Certification courses can take between 4-12 weeks in Canton IL and wider Illinois. The CNA programs available are highly adaptable with part of full time options available as well as weekend only courses. It is also possible to become certified through online only CNA courses. As is the case when choosing any education institution, it is important to do your research first.
Many people find it difficult to find the right CNA course suited to their needs. However, there are a number of CNA programs available from reputable Schools in Canton IL and wider Illinois listed below that provide relevant education and training.
Academic Subjects That Are Covered by CNA Education and Training Courses in Canton IL and Greater Illinois
As the roles and responsibility of a CNA practitioner encompasses many areas, the areas of study in each course can vary. In addition to covering medical care, anatomy, physiology and pathology some courses may also cover people skills as well as professional care. The curriculum CNA education institutions maintain is well-rounded, offering programs that involve both theory and practical elements. Attaining a strong educational background is a great way to further advance your career in Nursing.
Skills Necessary to be a CNA in Canton IL and Greater Illinois
A Certified Nurse Assistant is a person who has the necessary skills and training in Nursing. All competent CNA specialists should possess the following professional skills:
- A strong desire to help people. This principal is at the core of everything this job entails.
- A deep sense of compassion for others and care for their wellbeing.
- The ability to multi-task effectively.
- Time management skills.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work successfully as part of a greater team.
There are several CNA Schools and training courses available in Canton IL and greater Illinois which are listed throughout this website to assist you in acquiring these important skills.
How Much Does a CNA in Canton IL and Greater Illinois Earn?
The Salary of a CNA in Canton IL and greater Illinois can vary depending on the level of experience of the employee as well as the area of specialization they have chosen to work in. For example, a CNA at a hospital can earn $33,000 per year. The U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that between 2010 and 2020, there will be a 20% increase in the demand for nursing assistants which makes a career as a Certified Nurse Assistant in Canton IL and greater Illinois a promising one. For someone with the right educational credentials and who possess a strong work ethic, there are many opportunities for a successful career as a CNA. There is also ample opportunity for a trained CNA to undergo further study to become a RN (Registered Nurse) or LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse).
Typical Activities Involved In being a CNA in Canton IL and Greater Illinois
The CNA’s role is to assist all patients with their healthcare needs. They are the primary point of contact for the patient and interact with them frequently when undertaking their daily activities. The typical daily activates vary depending on their area of specialization. Some of the day to day duties performed by a CNA may include:
- Tending to the needs of patients.
- Observing residents.
- Monitoring of vital signs including pulse, temperature, blood pressure and respiration.
- Assisting RN’s and LPN’s where required.
- Tending to the overall wellbeing of patients.
I hope that you found this article informative and that after reading it, you have a better idea of what is involved in becoming a Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) in Canton IL and greater Illinois and the education and training options available.