Are you considering becoming a CNA (Certified Nurse Assistant) and seeking further information on CNA classes in Canton IL and wider Illinois? The role of CNA entails extensive work with patients and healthcare professionals under the direct supervision of a RN (Registered Nurse) or LPN (Licenced Practical Nurse). A CNA, often referred to as a nurse’s assistant, a patient care assistant or a nurse’s aide, assists registered nurses and licenced practical nurses in their many day to day patient care activities.
The role the CNA fills in the workplace depends on the type of healthcare facility he or she works in. For example, they can be employed in hospitals, aged care facilities, assisting living, rehabilitation centres and personal residences amongst other healthcare facilities. This is a career path that is rewarding both personally and professionally.
Do You Have to undertake specific training, study or complete a relevant course to become a CNA in Canton IL and Greater Illinois?
In order to become a qualified CNA or an accredited CNA, you will need to pass the licensing exam for nursing assisting. There is often no prerequisite knowledge or experience required to enroll in a CNA training course and they will empower you with the knowledge and resources allowing you to successfully sit the licensing exam.
CNA Schools in Illinois
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Practical Nursing
- Medical Assisting
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Practical Nursing Diploma
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Clinical Concentration
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- And more...
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
- RN to BSN (licensed RNs only)
- RN to MSN in Clinical Nurse Educator
- And more...
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Nursing (BS)
- BSN completion program for Registered Nurses is available entirely online.
- The RN to BSN program is designed to help students advance their career, or prepare for post-graduate opportunities.
- Courses teach modern health assessment and treatment methods, how to evaluate potential disease or injury, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
CNA Training and CNA Certification courses can take between 4-12 weeks in Canton IL and wider Illinois. The CNA programs available are highly adaptable with part of full time options available as well as weekend only courses. It is also possible to become certified through online only CNA courses. As is the case when choosing any education institution, it is important to do your research first.
Many people find it difficult to find the right CNA course suited to their needs. However, there are a number of CNA programs available from reputable Schools in Canton IL and wider Illinois listed below that provide relevant education and training.
Academic Subjects That Are Covered by CNA Education and Training Courses in Canton IL and Greater Illinois
As the roles and responsibility of a CNA practitioner encompasses many areas, the areas of study in each course can vary. In addition to covering medical care, anatomy, physiology and pathology some courses may also cover people skills as well as professional care. The curriculum CNA education institutions maintain is well-rounded, offering programs that involve both theory and practical elements. Attaining a strong educational background is a great way to further advance your career in Nursing.
Skills Necessary to be a CNA in Canton IL and Greater Illinois
A Certified Nurse Assistant is a person who has the necessary skills and training in Nursing. All competent CNA specialists should possess the following professional skills:
- A strong desire to help people. This principal is at the core of everything this job entails.
- A deep sense of compassion for others and care for their wellbeing.
- The ability to multi-task effectively.
- Time management skills.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work successfully as part of a greater team.
There are several CNA Schools and training courses available in Canton IL and greater Illinois which are listed throughout this website to assist you in acquiring these important skills.
How Much Does a CNA in Canton IL and Greater Illinois Earn?
The Salary of a CNA in Canton IL and greater Illinois can vary depending on the level of experience of the employee as well as the area of specialization they have chosen to work in. For example, a CNA at a hospital can earn $33,000 per year. The U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that between 2010 and 2020, there will be a 20% increase in the demand for nursing assistants which makes a career as a Certified Nurse Assistant in Canton IL and greater Illinois a promising one. For someone with the right educational credentials and who possess a strong work ethic, there are many opportunities for a successful career as a CNA. There is also ample opportunity for a trained CNA to undergo further study to become a RN (Registered Nurse) or LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse).
Typical Activities Involved In being a CNA in Canton IL and Greater Illinois
The CNA’s role is to assist all patients with their healthcare needs. They are the primary point of contact for the patient and interact with them frequently when undertaking their daily activities. The typical daily activates vary depending on their area of specialization. Some of the day to day duties performed by a CNA may include:
- Tending to the needs of patients.
- Observing residents.
- Monitoring of vital signs including pulse, temperature, blood pressure and respiration.
- Assisting RN’s and LPN’s where required.
- Tending to the overall wellbeing of patients.
I hope that you found this article informative and that after reading it, you have a better idea of what is involved in becoming a Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) in Canton IL and greater Illinois and the education and training options available.