Are you considering becoming a CNA (Certified Nurse Assistant) and seeking further information on CNA classes in Canton IL and wider Illinois? The role of CNA entails extensive work with patients and healthcare professionals under the direct supervision of a RN (Registered Nurse) or LPN (Licenced Practical Nurse). A CNA, often referred to as a nurse’s assistant, a patient care assistant or a nurse’s aide, assists registered nurses and licenced practical nurses in their many day to day patient care activities.
The role the CNA fills in the workplace depends on the type of healthcare facility he or she works in. For example, they can be employed in hospitals, aged care facilities, assisting living, rehabilitation centres and personal residences amongst other healthcare facilities. This is a career path that is rewarding both personally and professionally.
Do You Have to undertake specific training, study or complete a relevant course to become a CNA in Canton IL and Greater Illinois?
In order to become a qualified CNA or an accredited CNA, you will need to pass the licensing exam for nursing assisting. There is often no prerequisite knowledge or experience required to enroll in a CNA training course and they will empower you with the knowledge and resources allowing you to successfully sit the licensing exam.
CNA Schools in Illinois
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- MSN - Education (BSN Track)
- MSN - Informatics (RN Track)
- MSN - Informatics (BSN Track)
- And more...
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Associate Degree in Nursing
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- RN to BSN
- Nursing (RN)
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- And more...
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
- BS - Nursing
- AS - Medical Assisting and Administration
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- And more...
CCNE-Accredited Online Nursing Degrees
Spring Arbor University Online offers seven CCNE-accredited online nursing programs designed to help you advance in your nursing career with integrity, grace and personal growth. Get started quickly with no waiting list and no GRE/GMAT required. The tuition is designed to be affordable, and we accept a wide range of financial aid options. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify.
- RN to MSN
- Master of Science in Nursing
Virginia College continues the tradition ofgiving lives new direction, fulfilling our mission statement tostudents wherever they live and offering the chance to pursue adegree while maintaining commitments to work and family.
- AAS - Medical Assistant
- DIP - Medical Assistant
CNA Training and CNA Certification courses can take between 4-12 weeks in Canton IL and wider Illinois. The CNA programs available are highly adaptable with part of full time options available as well as weekend only courses. It is also possible to become certified through online only CNA courses. As is the case when choosing any education institution, it is important to do your research first.
Many people find it difficult to find the right CNA course suited to their needs. However, there are a number of CNA programs available from reputable Schools in Canton IL and wider Illinois listed below that provide relevant education and training.
Academic Subjects That Are Covered by CNA Education and Training Courses in Canton IL and Greater Illinois
As the roles and responsibility of a CNA practitioner encompasses many areas, the areas of study in each course can vary. In addition to covering medical care, anatomy, physiology and pathology some courses may also cover people skills as well as professional care. The curriculum CNA education institutions maintain is well-rounded, offering programs that involve both theory and practical elements. Attaining a strong educational background is a great way to further advance your career in Nursing.
Skills Necessary to be a CNA in Canton IL and Greater Illinois
A Certified Nurse Assistant is a person who has the necessary skills and training in Nursing. All competent CNA specialists should possess the following professional skills:
- A strong desire to help people. This principal is at the core of everything this job entails.
- A deep sense of compassion for others and care for their wellbeing.
- The ability to multi-task effectively.
- Time management skills.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work successfully as part of a greater team.
There are several CNA Schools and training courses available in Canton IL and greater Illinois which are listed throughout this website to assist you in acquiring these important skills.
How Much Does a CNA in Canton IL and Greater Illinois Earn?
The Salary of a CNA in Canton IL and greater Illinois can vary depending on the level of experience of the employee as well as the area of specialization they have chosen to work in. For example, a CNA at a hospital can earn $33,000 per year. The U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that between 2010 and 2020, there will be a 20% increase in the demand for nursing assistants which makes a career as a Certified Nurse Assistant in Canton IL and greater Illinois a promising one. For someone with the right educational credentials and who possess a strong work ethic, there are many opportunities for a successful career as a CNA. There is also ample opportunity for a trained CNA to undergo further study to become a RN (Registered Nurse) or LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse).
Typical Activities Involved In being a CNA in Canton IL and Greater Illinois
The CNA’s role is to assist all patients with their healthcare needs. They are the primary point of contact for the patient and interact with them frequently when undertaking their daily activities. The typical daily activates vary depending on their area of specialization. Some of the day to day duties performed by a CNA may include:
- Tending to the needs of patients.
- Observing residents.
- Monitoring of vital signs including pulse, temperature, blood pressure and respiration.
- Assisting RN’s and LPN’s where required.
- Tending to the overall wellbeing of patients.
I hope that you found this article informative and that after reading it, you have a better idea of what is involved in becoming a Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) in Canton IL and greater Illinois and the education and training options available.